Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stupid Chegg. We Are No Longer Friends!!

i was wrong about Chegg. they weren't different or special. i was under the impression that i would be able to mail my book back on the day of finals. i was   too lazy.
i was under the impression that i my due date for my book was the 14th. it turns out that i was wrong, and my book was due today. 
i thought that i would be able to sell them my old books, not for much, some of them are old, but i would like the shelf space.
i was wrong on all counts.
my friend C was right about Chegg. Amazon would of been a better bet. then i would of already sold my book back, and have gotten the money for it.
on top of everything else, i spent the last half an hour unearthing books from the bottom shelf of my closet, scraping off bookstore labels, and typing in long codes.
the amount ill get back?


that i was thinking to myself 'hey, i can use this money to buy some shoes! i haven't bought shoes in a while!' about?


the grand total?


$6.17


yeah thats all. i get like $7.13 if i use it as Chegg credit, so i might do that since i apparently have late fees now.
so even though its more(ish) next semester im using either the bookstore at school (eek!) or amazon.com.
lesson learned!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Heather,

    I am a customer service team member at Chegg. I am unhappy to hear of this negative experience you have had.

    Chegg offers a Semester Guarantee, so we would be happy to offer a complimentary extension on your book if you still needed your book for finals. Please contact us at http://www/chegg.com/contactus/. In regards to the buyback program, the payment offered may change, up or down, depending on the book market. To see how much your books are worth, go to http://www/chegg.com/buyback/. Also, Chegg plants a tree for every book you rent or sell!

    If you need anything, please reach out to us. We are here to help.

    Chegg Customer Service: http://www.chegg.com/contactus/

    ReplyDelete